You can try to repair the installation package. If DeskI is open, close it.
- Go to the "Config panel->Add/remove programs"
- Select the most recent version of BOXI and click on "Modify"
- A window will open, click on "Repair"
- The repair process will launch, wait until it finishes and restart your computer.
If it changed nothing, you can try this :
- Click on "Startup" and "Exec"
- Type "regedit"
- Go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Business Objects\Suite12.0\default\BusinessObjects\Application Preferences\"
- Delete the "Business Reporter" folder
- Delete user preferences inside "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Business Objects\Suite 12.0\default\BusinessObjects\". Something "username User Prefs" like "pmietlicki User Prefs".
- Close the registry editor
- Restart the computer
- Try to launch DeskI and see if it is solved
The problem may have several causes :
- Insufficient permissions
- Incorrect version of Windows Installer
- Corrupted installation
- Antivirus conflict
- Insufficient disk space
- DEP (Data Execution Prevention) enabled
Solutions linked to problems indicated above. One of them should solve the problem :
- Check local user has admin rights
- Install last version of Windows Installer : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288
- Download and exec the "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility" : http://www.commentcamarche.net/download/telecharge...
- Re-download the installation package and retry
- Disable temporaly the antivirus and relaunch installation
- Make some disk space by deleting unneeded files
- Disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention)
- Click on "Startup" then "Config panel"
- Click on "System"
- Click on "Advanced"
- Inside the "Startup and recovery" part, click on "Settings"
- Inside "System startup", click on "Modify"
- Find the line with : /noexecute
- Replace "OptIn" parameter by "AlwaysOff" : /noexecute=AlwaysOff
- Restart computer